Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Martha Stewart Wannabe

Okay, so I'm tryin' to spruce things up around our house on a budget. So here's what I've been working on. First our dinning room chairs. We got the set 7 years ago at a garage sale, why its taken me so long to do something with them? I don't know. Here are the before and after pics. . .


Then I found some cute fabric at walmart and made throw pillows for the living room and curtains for the kitchen. (Our living room, dinning room, and kitchen are all open to each other).


Next, I would like to paint the dinning room table, but Jake likes it the way it is . . . we shall see what happens with that. I also bought a new dinning room light fixture, but am waiting for Jake to install it. I'll be sure to post that picture as soon as it gets done, probably May 2009 right before me move.

5 comments:

Joni Wiedrich said...

You did a great job! It's all so cute. I like all of your fabric choices. I wish I was more Martha Stewartish!

lonnie&penny said...

I'm glad you are just like your mother. I taught you well. OK I'm joking I wish I had your talents. I just don't have patience. You did a great job and I like it!! MOM

Heidi said...

Your house is beautiful!! I am impressed with all your talents! I love the chair makeover!!

hayleyharts said...

I love them shelly! I would buy those chairs! and the curtains and pillows look so cute! and I loved your mother's day post..very funny!

Jenny Dahl said...

Nice work Shelly and scoot on over Martha! Your house looks great. Thanks again for all the help with Kenna the last couple weeks!