Vacation time is a perfect time to go Bass fishing and June is a killer month to go after some lunkers. So I went down to Arrow-Head Lake with a buddy of mine, Chris Haubner. I rigged myself up on a medium action rod just for extra kicks. We probably caught close to 20 or more Largemouth ranging from 2 to 5 lbs. The ol' buzzbait was smoking at the crack of dawn, but as the temperature rose we slowed it down with some spinner baits, spoons, and chompers. I've never fished chompers before, but Chris swears by them and they seemed to be the most productive. I had a great time trying out chompers and slaying some big lazy Bass. I'll have to head to Bass Pro and buy myself an assortment.

I brought a few home to show the boys (Logan, Mason, and Blake - Logan's friend) Mason was scared to put his fingers in the mouth and pick up the Bass. Ofcourse, I didn't help the situation any and would make growling noises when he would get his fingers near the mouth.

Mason still isn't quite sure about holding the fish, but he has no problem eating them!

Here is a picture of Logan and I with some of the larger ones. Logan helped me clean them and get them ready for supper. All in all, any day fishing beats the best day at work.










1 comment:
I'm so impressed with the fish you all caught! I went today and we caught nada :( Such cute pictures!
Post a Comment